Saturday, January 8, 2011

Isla Verde Wedding 2010

Many exciting things happened to me in 2010. I just started this blog, so I will have to refer back to some of those events to get readers up to speed.

For one thing, I got married in Puerto Rico in July.





























The ceremony was bilingual. My mother-in-law Alida did the parts in English and the pastor of the church did the parts in Spanish. It couldn't have gone smoother. Ambar said her vows in both English and Spanish, and I did mine in English (with a little song in Spanish at the end). 
















After the ceremony, we drove to the reception hall in Isla Verde. It was called Casa Cuba and it overlooked the beach. We had some of our pictures taken there at sunset. After that, we ate and danced and laughed and took pictures for about 4 hours. Around 11, Ambar and I headed to the Ritz Carlton for a couple of nights and then flew to Greece for our honeymoon. I will post some more of those pics later. 
































I was thankful that some of my relatives from Owensboro, Kentucky got to fly down to the Caribbean to celebrate with us. My sister and brother-in-law came from Salt Lake City and brought with them my niece Gracie and nephew Sean. Little Isabel was there too in my sister's belly! 



















Three of my friends also came from Dallas, Chicago, and New York City. My brother was my best man.















I'm blessed to have Ambar. I'm the luckiest linguist in the world. 





No comments:

Post a Comment